Saturday, September 08, 2007

Bukan Salah Mereka?

After the posting yesterday, I had an interesting text from someone I knew a while ago. Little that I knew that this guy is married. Haha, an interesting good looking character from Indonesia. I should have known. 30-something year old guy, handsome, and reserved… That’s a typical married man.

The last time we met was sometime late last year, after I bravely interviewed him on his personal life. Then, I was made to know that he is married with 2 children, and the latest addition to his family is only 1 month old then. And interestingly, it was the last time we’ve ever spoken to each other until the text came yesterday. I guess he was embarassed then.

I woke up early this morning. Went down, had breakfast with my parent, listen to some guy talking about Budget 2008 (whom my parent later explained is our Finance Minister), and then switched on the tv to watch 3rd Generation, a Malaysian production that revolves around Mr Chan’s 3rd Generation family.

The morale of the movie was pretty obvious (and it was a great effort from the Malaysian film industry), but I was more intrigue by the relationship that Charlie Chan had. He is already married to a beautiful woman who is very loyal to him (played by the gorgeous Amber Chia), but also has a mistress who would support him even during tough times (played by the lovely Carmen Soo). Two fantastic characters are victim of the situation. They are in love with the same character, yet it is indeed not their fault that their pure hearts are madly in love with the same guy.

I just finished a book written by Sheila O’ Flanagan, “Yours Faithfully”. It’s about Sally Harper, a matured sofiscated woman who is very much in love with his husband of twenty years, and Iona Brannock, who married a handsome man he met on the beach for just a few months. Typical love story? Yeah, you could say that, except for the fact that they are married to the same man! Their life story collided, and these fantastic woman have to accept the fact that they are betrayed by the man they love. If only Christian can marry as Muslim does. Haha. But, would you mind sharing?

So, I look at all these women who are sharing husband… They are all fantastic in their own ways, and that’s why the husband chooses them. Maybe the first woman for comfort and provider, and the next one for purely good sex. You’d never know. But all in all, these women complete him.

So elaborative, yet I don’t know what’s the morale of this post.
Maybe…
It’s not their fault???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

bila ada kecenderungan untuk memiliki sesuatu lebih dari satu...tidak mustahil kecenderungan itu akan bertambah lebih dari dua dan seterusnya...
alasan "sunnah Nabi" masih boleh diterima pakai ke dalam zaman serba canggih ni???
antara nafsu dengan tanggungjawab...mana satu yg lebih sesuai dalam konteks "kahwin lagi"???
istilah "dunia balas dunia" jgn dipandang remeh..kita tak kan tau ape akan jadi pada masa depan,kan??
tapi,ada jugak yg bersuara..."Jodoh tu kan ketentuan dr Allah??Qadak & Qadarnya...mana boleh kita menidakkan bende yg dah tertulis untuk kita??"
then...patut ke memiliki bahagia kalau pihak yg lebih berhak menanggung derita??? apa penyudahan pada situasi ni????

munchkin said...

Babe..

My take on married men?

Well... Married men memang pandai ambil hati perempuan. Especially if they're above 40. Probably because they've had years of experience living with a woman (their wife!).

Married men know the right things to say, do the right things to make you smile, touch all your right buttons to make you squirm in delight and because most of them are emotionally and financially secured, they have no hang-ups about pampering you and treating you like a princess.

Married men are fun. You can have intelligent conversations with them, and they know how to please you in ways that even most single men are not able to do.

But at the end of the day, not many married men will leave their wife (and family) to be with you. Unless they're really, really, really in love with you.

Sadly, most married men are with sweet-young-things because it boosts their ego - to have a pretty chick on their arms. To know that they're still "appreciated" despite their age.

In all honesty, I've been with married men. While I didn't regret it (for they were my best boyfriends/affairs), I wish I didn't cry so much for them. I kept telling myself that when you're with a married men, you have no choice but to leave your emotions at the door. But sometimes, it's easier said than done. It's tough not to remember how tender his touch was, or how sweet kisses were. It's tough not to remember the sweet little gifts that he gave you, those kind words as you lay in his arms.

I guess, women can never detach emotional and physical attention. So while you need to be hugged and all, you also need to be reassured that you are loved.

That's the problem with us.

Married men, well, most of them anyway, see women as a piece of meat.

Most of them will never leave their wife (because, despite the fact that they probably don't love their wife anymore, they definitely respect the woman as the mother to their children.). Most (successful) married men will never leave their wife because of the stigma, the bad reputation that follows. (Eg: How can a general manager of a huge company leave his wife of 20 years for a 23-year-old executive? What would people say?)

Okay. I'm rambling. My point is, I think it's okay to flirt with married men. Granted, they'll be taking advantage of you. But while you allow yourself to be used, use them back in return. Demand expensive gifts, demand all the attention in the world and suck them dry.

Sounds jahat kan?

Some people can do it. Unfortunately, I'm not that kind. When I fall for someone, I cannot be a bitch and use them. Yes, I'm that weak. Which is why men take advantage of me. Damn.

Sorry. For rambling. Back to your question about sharing my man...

Well.. no one likes to share their man. But then again, affairs are inevitable, kan? So, should I get married someday, I think I will just pasrah. Cuma, my pesan for my husband: You want to have an affair, go ahead. But just don't tell me about it. Just keep it to yourself.

Okay. I better go. If you need to talk, I'm here okay? :)

Suhana Sidik said...

Puteri Katak... Manusia bijak menyembungi niat hati melalui sunnah padahal nafsu yang memberontak. Apa kes! Sama kesnya juga pada mereka yang ber'jihad'. Dunia sudah hampir penghujung...

Munchkin... Lust only last for a short while, and that's why married men are fun to be with for short term. Haha. But single men are giving me such a headache, so, would i venture out and explore the possibilities...? Will discuss with you further :p

Anonymous said...

i am married
to myself..
am a gay?
arghh

Suhana Sidik said...

Anonymous...
Married to oneself doesn't mean bad... for now...