Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Kisah Cinta Semalam & Hari Ini

SEMALAM
I drove past you at the highway just now, and I think you noticed. That is me with the speed, unlike the rest of my life.
Then, I began to slow down, actually taking notice of the surrounding traffic. You said, why are in such a rush, when we can just cruise. That somewhat triggers me, and I think, you were right in some way.

Forgive me for being a lil’ irritated when you said that it’s hard for you to tell me that you like me, instead you choose to say that you would like to get to know me better. So, does that mean that you SOMEWHAT like me, (and hence me), and that we should still keep our options open until you finally realizes that you DO like me? That’s why I said, I might settle down this year. No, oh no, I am not talking about the sweet’o’marriage. It’s just that, I might choose the right one this year. So, I do not want you to realize at the last minute that you do like me, but I might somehow have like another you.

Forgive me now, for not telling you that my friends are hooking me up with another guy. A great guy whom I have met once. But, the options are still open, right.

Yes, I did like you. But, that was way back when I had that little crush. But, I was disappointed later upon knowing that the whole world seems to know about it. Then again, indirectly, I was the one who spill the bean. Forgive me for not confronting you earlier. But then again, it will not have come to this. We will not be sitting at the porch having this deep conversation, when your parents are upstairs, maybe eavesdropping.

Then, you dropped me off in front of my sister’s house. I was quite hesitant to get out of the car. I told you that I might tell my good girl friend, and you would be telling the same to your good guy friend. Hahaha… You’d always need the opinion of your good friends huh.

But as I am sitting here (Burger King… alone… waiting), I finally realizes. Why do we need to rush, when there is so much more that we need to discover about each other.
Looking forward for tomorrow, a new day. Hope that this will be the start of a beautiful friendship, if not relationship!


HARI INI
Got back home, feeling kinda tired. End up taking a 30-minutes power nap, and went downstairs to have dinner.

These past few days were something. Felt restless at the end of the so-called post-Valentine marathon, and now having my quiet moment (with Franz Ferdinand playing loudly on the stereo) to re-think. So, what am I doing, and have I done the right thing?

Time flew very fast, and time is indeed something that I felt like missing lately.
So, two of my good friends, Aima and Mail are about ready to settle down. Fiza got married. Sis just gotten a baby. How world evolves.

I guess I wasn’t scared when I said yes to getting to know each other more, but as I got back to sweet little haven of mine, it made me wonder whether I made the right choice. Lust or love, a question that came through mind. Maybe, give it more time. But, I do not want to start something new now, when there is a lot more in life to explore.

I know I always like to contradict myself. Sometimes I can’t reassure myself what I wanted in life. Sometimes I don’t give a damn, and just carry on with whatever. In this case, what the hell was I thinking?

I always thought that love is the kind of thing that happen at that instantaneous moment. We should never work towards it. That particular instant matters. That first look, that first smile, that FIRST MOMENT. You know when you JUST KNOW.

So, when two people are trying to get to know each other better, are they discreetly trying to force themselves to like the other person better? Well, it always have to start somewhere. So, when is that FIRST MOMENT? Does all moments a contributing moment? This is no longer the fantasy I had in mind. But then again, I had that moment when I first saw him. So, when was his first moment to me? I thought first moment happens when both party connect, and instantaneously felt the same way.

Anyway, a post I wanted to put up a long time ago, but I keep forgetting. This is what I called FIRST MOMENT:

(DAHULU)
Life is amazing. All the things that happen around you, happen for a reason. Even if you succumb to disappointment, have faith that good things will arose after. That is what I often forget to do.. having faith.

How I wish my life is a little bit more interesting.

,,.You are walking down the street with that confident look. Hair blown by the wind, going left to right, having that glow on your face. You and him exchanged look, and instantaneously his thought went softly saying, I wish that girl is mine.
,,, Your first date. The one that he felt nervous about asking, that he had to rehearse over and over again to get it right. Even if he did everything accordingly, he wasn’t sure that you’d even say yes. But he didn’t know that it was what you’ve been waiting for. The first date was so perfect. The duo on violin to compliment the good food. And then he ask you to dance. Later that night when he drop you to your house, the first kiss on the cheek. Isn’t that perfect.
… There was this major conference. You spotted him from afar, and so did he. He watched you from the moment you went into the room to the second you took your seat. Both of you exchange that flirting smile. You then totally ignore him during tea, and lunch. He tried to steal some of your time, but you played the smart game of hard to get. He watched with jealousy as you were swamped with other guys. Then later as you make your way to the toilet, he kidnap you to his car and brought you to of all places… McDonald. ‘All those hide and seek exhaust me. Can I have you all by myself tonight?” You giggled. For hours you two were talking and flirting and laughing and smiling. Luckily it’s a 24 hours store. You two ended up having breakfast the next morning.

Don’t you wish that the girl is you? The First moment that matters a lot.

I bable too much, yeah I do. I think too much, yeah I do.
Come on, Suhana. Just go with the flow.
In this process of getting to know each other, we are given the opportunity to explore other prospects as well, right? Right until he said that magical word, then you know whether you’d get those funny feelings, full of anticipation. Then, you would know whether you are meant to be.

Anyway, remember the song I told you about earlier today. A song dedicated to you, Mr. someone for the beautiful weekend we had together.
Like I said, Hope that this will be the start of a beautiful friendship, if not relationship!

Too revealing? Me being true to myself
flowers for you……… ------@ muah.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your constant smiling and cheerfulness really brightens up my day.

Perasan comel! :p

Suhana Sidik said...

Hey Mr 1/8th mile or whoever you are,
Thank you for that. I never knew I had THAT much of an impact. Well, maybe the same goes for you :-D

Sangat comel.
Me