Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Semoga dicucuri rahmat

Uncle Martin is no longer with us.

He’s one of those uncle whom you would adore. You would laugh at his jokes, and listen tentatively to his experience as if it was your own. It’s difficult to imagine life without this special person, and I am not even that close to him! I guess Colin would miss him the most, as he IS Uncle Martin’s favourite son.

I look at Colin and I was speechless, as he was this morning. I see him controlling his tears, ears all red. It was a sight I never could imagine seeing. When Adrian died last year, I wasn’t there to witness these emotion, so it was all new for me. Adrian death had such an impact to Uncle Martin that two weeks ago when we chatted, he was still telling me how he regretted the moments leading up to the death. If only he did this.. or that.. If only. And I was just stunned, Uncle Martin, you did everything you could. Don’t blame yourself for what has passed. Adrian should have known better! Perhaps the way Adrian died that disturbs him most. Falling from a hotel room while hiding from your girlfriend isn’t the most heroic death you would want to envisage.

So, Uncle Martin spend his last day looking over Adrian’s picture.. crying. You had your leg amputate two years ago and you were still strong. You could not walk well, but you still brave yourself to go teach at a tuition centre 60 km away from home. I adore you for that. The great Cikgu Martin who would go through thick and thin just for his beloved students.

How I wish you are still here Uncle Martin, so that you can see Sara grow up and become a fine lady. If only you would be around to still be apart of her life. I guess, we can never have too much joy. Sara may have lost her granddad, but we are still around anyway to support her.

Uncle Martin…. May your soul rest in peace.

No comments: