Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Hari aku terkenang si dia

Good morning .. or not-so-good morning.
I saw K dowstairs as I was walking up the building and couldn’t wait to tell the world this. Apparently now, we have been working in the same building for the past couple of weeks already. Yeah, we’ve been friends even after that humiliating incident when I confessed to him that I like him (my first-ever-embarrassing moment), and was told that he’s got someone else.
And guess what, he was walking to work with some girl who looks more than just some girl. Damn K, your girlfriend is working at the same place as you are? Damn pathetic. And wait… she’s just … ok. And I lost to THIS girl?
I guess guys like simple girls (or a rich one in that matter).
Heart racing. I could not calm myself. Still remembered that particular moment 1 year ago when I took chances but still lost out. What if I came in sooner? What if I told him earlier? What if I was still studying with him? What if I have spent more time with him? What if..?
But that was just some sick ‘cinta monyet’. I have recovered and have done really well for myself. It was his lost anyway… right.

Still in shock.
The-not-so-pinky girl anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

salam,

when you're sometimes cornered, with little else to choose and little else to think, you would have to surrender. the near-misses were all but recession of effort. you will one day, come to a point in your life that you'd have to make or break, to do or not, to think or lest, to take or leave.
do not feel belittle by certain predicament, ms. suhana. when you have a lot to give, it's not always mean you have a lot to gain. us, being the proletariat, have mass of ideals to offer & affection that is infectious.
on a one fine day, i'm pretty much sure that you'd acknowledge the very sanctity of believing. you would one day, come to appreciate the sun & the wind that surrounds you. chin up, lad!

lastly, from Kahlil Gibran,

'when love beckons to you, follow him'

cheers, love. have a nice day & lovely life.