Sunday, June 28, 2015

Happiness Project - Count Your Blessing

POSITIVE THINGS HAPPEN TO POSITIVE PEOPLE

Well no one likes to be with unhappy people. People love to see be around positive people so that they hope that some of that vibe will rub off on them. That’s why some people are miss popular and some people, well they just are not.

Things have been quite depressing for me as I get older. I used to be this chirpy bubbly girl with lots of energy to do just about anything, to try almost every single thing and to be brave to seek experience. Lately, I have been lazy. Sometimes I tend to blame everything and everyone else around me. Why is it that I am experiencing so much hormonal change when things are actually going well?

When my dad passed away, I started reading happy books. Those self-help book ie. Gretchen Rubin’s The Happiness Project best seller which I hope would guide me towards a self-fulfilling life. I was at the lowest point in my life, and I even took the time to write to her. She kindly replied back, and it thrilled me knowing that she personally replied back that particular email. But that excitement just lasted a month. 
It then became one of the books on the shelves that I hardly touch again. My 12 months resolution didn’t quite match the achievement, and there goes the little project down the drain. I was moving on and focusing on other things deemed important.

I started the same cycle of negativity, hoping that something new would trigger that super-achiever mode in me. I wanted to be my old self again. I started following a lot of these happy people on instagram, hoping that yes, some of it will rub off on me. But it got too depressing sometimes looking at happy people with their perfect life. And you realize that they are all friends of each other, and there are certain traits these people have. It is true when people say, “Birds of a feather flock together”.

It is now a life mission. I want to be that bubbly girl people used to know. Or that super-achiever-very-determined-Ms popular. And for that, I just need to be a bit more focus. Maybe I should start exercising again (yes once confinement is over) to produce that happy adrenaline.

And even when I am down or restless, I should force myself to smile and have happy thought. Fake it till you make it. Today didn’t start all too well, but today will be happy-day-1. I want to start that epic change and be happy. Don’t we all deserve to be? How do you keep yourself happy?

So this is my new project (didn't i say i wanted to stop. duhh). 

I will count my blessings every day, if not every week. I am going to be grateful every day for every single thing that happen in my life, even if it was a blast from the past. Because then i would probably realise that my life is not all too bad. I should learn to be grateful, and then i could find it in me to be totally happy. Maybe that will trigger that self-achiever mode in me again. I can do this! 

Count my blessing. 


*Sunday reflection, feeling dehydrated, lonely, suddenly excited. 

No comments: