Friday, September 21, 2012

From Brussels with love

Some movies are just Heart wrenching, out of this world. They have excellent script, the most beautiful cinematography with the best crew money can buy. But what makes a good movie great is a combo of great songs that people can identify with.

And that is what Jerry Maguire is to me. I love every scene and every word that comes out from Renee and Tom. Sometimes we ladies get so insecure especially if we love our husband too much. And that's where springsteen showed you the secret garden for us to escape.

Whenever I'm down, had a huge fight or misses my hubby too much, I would put on the secret garden on repeat, listening to it over and over again until this tired brain can focus on something else. When I need some comfort, i'll switch to Notting Hill, because it reminds me that sometimes dreams do come true. And true love remains agile over years. 

Remember when Jerry said, "I'm not letting you get rid of me.... I miss my wife. You complete me...." I cried everytime I watch the scene. There is just something about a selfless act of proclamation of love which Is so endearing  that reminded me of my husband.

Because my husband is just that. He's my Jerry Maguire. He completes me. And I miss you so very much baby.

-from Brussels with love

No comments: