Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Post Istimewa: 3 Dalam 1

It is not a good day. Terrible things happened to me, and it has happened quite a lot. And here I was at the start of the year thinking that this year would be a great year (at least that was what the Chinese calendar said).

I had an accident on Monday. The third one I had.

Monday, 5 February 207
Driving from Salwa’s house to PJ to send Furlong home. Eventhough it was a weekday, but gatalnya us to had some makan2 and dvd session at her house, her first informal house warming. It was midnight and I was the one who insisted on driving.
I was switching from middle lane to the rightmost lane on MRR2, driving in the range of 100-120. Saw something on the road, but didn’t had time to avoid (thought it was some plastic or tyre lying there, the usual kind of dump). Bump.. Keep on driving. La la la la la..
Suddenly this guy in Iswara chase after us, and asked us to stop the car. Luckily Furlong was there, else, I won’t even have the guts to stop. He showed his broken side mirror, and wrecked passenger door. Damn, did I cause that?
Apparently, the thing that I ran over flew off to his car (what an impact!), and causes quite an incident.
The only one I can think of at that point was my brother Colin, who then came to the rescue. Colin didn’t think that it was my fault, hence suggesting we seek the police assistance in resolving the matter. Ding dong ding dong, the police was also in the same opinion. ‘There is no one’s fault in this matter’.
But, the guy was so kesian. ‘All up to budi bicara pemandu di hadapan’. Kesian la pulak kan. We asked him to go to the workshop first and get a quotation, and we’ll discuss further.
Isn’t it just bad luck?
Salah siapakah ini?

15 June 2006
My first ever accident, with my brand new Baby-G.
I have been working non-stop for the past two months, sacrificing all those weekend to deliver the first comprehensive PCSB overall benchmarking. You would say that maybe I was tired, caught up with major exhaustion.
Switching lane. One down. Two down. Three down. Fourth coming. Bamm…
What ever happen? Did the girl in front went for the emergency brake, or was I too anxious to switch lanes that I didn’t see it coming? What did happen?
(Flasback à That morning, I wanted to get really early to office. My General Manager will be presenting the benchmarking exercise, and as the key person, I was to be on standby with backups in case there is additional requirement by Tan Sri President. So, biasala. Suhana gelabah)
I end up having to pay the summon issued by the police and levy by the insurance company, all in all which amounts to quite a lot. Sigh.

25 August 2006
I literally just got back from Sudan. Came home at about 11, had a quick dinner in 30 minutes, and drove to IOI as I have to attend the volunteer briefing for the TUNZA Children Conference.
You can say that I was still having my jetlag. Silly Suhana. I shouldn’t have driven there the same day. I should have taken my sweet rest time, and go the next day. But, when you are committed, you just are, right.
I got lost in between looking at the signboard, and calling people up. And when I did locate the right signboard, I simply didn’t ‘locate’ the car on my left. I bang the car, ended up paying 400 bucks to the girl, and forking another 300 to repair my own. What a day.
But, I appreciated Vedder for coming to the rescue. Such a sweet guy, who made me think and think of how cruel I’ve been. The girl on the other car was saying, “Your boyfriend nampak sangat sayang kat you aa…” Muahahahaha…
Anyway, I never told a single soul about my accident (except for the TUNZA volunteers). Wouldn’t want to get people to sympathized me, or criticize my way of driving. I know I suck in that matter.


How in the world do I remember all these dates? Well, it happen on the same day when something major is happening in my life. So, there goes the yin and yang, whichever good and bad has to balance each other out.

So, the conclusion?
1. Should stop driving completely
2. Need a boyfriend to drive me around
3. Get Aima to drive me around everyday. Ala…. Aima nak kahwin dah!

Silly, silly me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to hear it wasn't that serious.

it's good if you know some mechanics or tow truck people that can help you out, if anything happen. tow trucks in kl can be extremely expensive, kalau break down in kl, you can be charged up to RM400-RM500 easily.

anyways it doesn't hurt to bring some "precautions" along in the car, for instance a Swiss Army Knife (pisau MacGyver tuh) or golf clubs. you know, just in case. i have 2 Swiss Army knives in my car, 1 in the right and 1 in the left. bunyi macam paranoid, but there was an attempt to steal my car some time ago. while i was driving lak tuh.

drive safe!

Anonymous said...

"pandulah dengan cermat...anda mampu mengubahnya.." hehe.

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

ape nih Suhana... ..aduh aku tak der kejap je macam2 hal berlaku..... ape nih? ape nih? ur 3 options wont work out.. my suggestion is tukor kreto with nombor plate yg 'ONG' sket.. 8888 ker.. 3388 ker.. consult a feng shui master beb!!

Hehehe.. glad that u're still able to call me up and talk bout something else this morning..

Suhana Sidik said...

Hi all,
Thanks for your support. Glad to know you guys care! :(

Judd..
Thanks. Havent got that contact yet. Been having 'help' all these while. Haha. Swiss Army sounds cool. Should put that on my list. Thanks.

Puteri Katak,
Yeah yeah. Haven't been going over 100 pun lately. Sangat cermat sekarang.

Ey,
Tu la. Come back quick...
Btw,2881 cukup ong what...
Maybe I called you because i missed you :-p