Sunday, March 16, 2008

Perempuan itu ketuaku.. Aku Ketua Mereka?

What do you think of lady bosses?

I am currently in charge of organizing a very big event for my division, hence requiring a lot of planning and devotion towards making it a success. In this, I have to compliment myself and the rest of the team members, who are mostly ladies. We are one hardworking lass!

However, there is this certain lady boss who I can’t get along with (probably since Langkawi when she indirectly told me that I am slow).

During one of the meeting last week, we quarrel over simple issue like the seating arrangement for dinner. Of course both of us were trying to have our point across, and it didn’t matter to me that this lady is a Senior Manager in the company. Whilst everyone else did not have the gut to speak their mind, I became the only one vocal against the whole idea. Then came the interruption from the chairman (btw, it was very professional so none of the girlie-fight you see on tv).

I sat down and had a long thought after that as I looked at this lady who sits across me. “Would this be myself in 10-15 years from now?”

Lady boss are such a pain some time, or some might say a lot of time. But probably it is just typical that people stereotype ladies who have made it into that higher position? Boys, we are not too bad of a boss, really! Open up your mind.

I had my whole life flashes in front of me, and currently as the ‘boss’ of a certain organization in the company, I never did ask my team on whether I have been an agonizing torture to them. I must say that I am very demanding, but I do work hard along with them. I expect excellence, but who doesn’t.

I try to hide my seriousness by making silly jokes at time. A camouflage to disguise the fact that I do not like to be labeled a typical lady boss. But do they respect me?

So, what kind of a lady boss have I been, or would be in the future?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi writer,

i think you'll be a good leader. a boss is probably too harsh for you, since a boss is like bossing around for no reason. you don't want to be branded bossing around, no? so, i think leader would be appropriate for you :)

just be cool on it. everyone, i repeat, everyone fumbles once in a while. so, a jerk like me definitely won't cut it to be a leader when there's downtime in the house, but i can surely bet i can be a good boss (mengamuk tak tentu pasal, kalau ada pasal pun, tak ensem langsung).

so you hang in there missy. have a good ride trying to get your messages around. hehe. mata ne!

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

One question: Why is everybody switching to a template that SAME LIKE MINE??

Ok I perasan...

Same goes in this way: Why do most of the guys stereotype ladies boss?

Ok, u perasan...

Sayuti said...

i always believe that if the boss don't have what it takes, the he or she should not be up there.

a lady or a gentleman, a boss is still a boss and the two rules apply on either gender:

1. the boss is always right
2. if the boss is wrong, refer to rule #1.

yes, lady boss can be a pain some time but gentleman boss can sometime inflict double the pain.

imho, don't worry too much about what u would become later. que sera sera. but always remember what u were like before, when u finally got there.

good luck.

Maizura Mohd Ederis said...

Hai,
TKS kerana mengunjungi dan komen dalam blog Tangisan Bulan Madu. Drama bersiri adaptasi itu akan disiarkan di TV2 setiap Khamis malam Jumaat jam 9 malam. Episod pertama mulai Khamis ini 3 April 2008i. Selamat menonton!

Maizura Mohd Ederis said...

Koncil, terima kasih kerana mengunjungi blog Tangisan Bulan Madu. Saksikan TBM 'the TV siries' mulai 20 Mei 2008, jam 9 malam di TV2 setiap Selasa dan Rabu.

Suhana Sidik said...

I just had another fight with this other SM. Apparently he's a typical old male boss. Damn. I just don't get along with people, do I.

Hi anonymous,
THanks! Surely i x ngamuk tak tentu pasal kan.

Lefty,
Memang perasan..

Sayuti,
I am not yet a boss, but sometimes i do feel that i am right most of the time. Haha