Thursday, December 20, 2007

Pengalaman pertama white water rafting'ku

I went white water rafting on Sunday, and met up with this Egyption friend whom I haven’t seen for quite some time.

We talked about politics, religion, current issues and all the heavy stuff that can transpire on the ‘Malaysia dilemma’. I guess it was all the adrenalin pumping action from the rafting that intensity the passion to deepen the discussion.

I would say that I am now a strong supporter of Mahathir. Back then bila hidung masih hingusan, I was a great critics of him. But as you grow older and began to enter the professional/working world, you’d notice that if Mahathir listen to critics like me (and multiply that by a few hundred thousand), we would never see the likes of KLCC, KLIA or even Putrajaya today. How despicable and shameful of me. Now that I work in KLCC (and proud to be), and seeing the vast improvement that Malaysia now enjoys, I finally see the vision of this wonderful man who has light-years thinking ahead.

Today, the man has to bear the same critic. Who are we to pass judgement on the man who has made it happen to Malaysia?

My Egyption friend said this, “I love Malaysia. When I heard Malaysian criticize Mahathir, I am appaled myself! We have never heard of Malaysia before, but we know Mahathir. He was a great symbol to the country. How can the Malaysian today be so ungrateful.”

What we read in the paper before this was all there. Malaysia is nothing if not for the great man. He was even a great leader to the Muslim community. Remember back then when he was a great supporter for the Islamic currency before it finally falls apart after he step down? Even Bush is terrified of this old man. The aura he posses speaks wonder for himself.

Later on, when we were in the bus going back to KLCC, I was seated next to few interesting colleagues with mixed parentage background whom all exercises their right to speak Chinese.

Later they came with an interesting question to Lefty.

“What is my race?”
Half Chinese Half Malay
75% Chinese, 25% Malay
“What do you call us?”

Lefty interrupted. “We are Malaysian”

“But how do you fill up the form?”

“We are still Malaysian. Would it matter?”

Yeah, now that you think about it, does it matter? Are we Malaysian enough?

Enough of this political nonsense, some pix from whiter water rafting..


Macam pelarian ... sakit bontotku duduk atas jip ini. Adus
Briefing session fella.. Please pay attention

Getting into the boat. Excited gila la...

Fuh penat... Ok, find me!

Rough terrain.. Haha.. Not really

Ala... Why la i tak capsize. Haha

Look at that...

Memorable pix after...
Going back. You can see me sandwhiched behind

The cool chicks had real fun!
Leaving.. Walla.. Sedih..

No comments: